Sunday, October 16, 2011

Change of Plans

Originally I had planned on working towards getting a paper published on my work in Macedonia on women's NGOs and their access to the government. 

But like any good research plans change and so have mine. Instead of specifically working towards publishing a paper or condensing all of my research and contacts over this 9 months to a single paper, I will be blogging about my research here- on my website. 

In addition to the type of research changing, my content is changing as well. I have been here a month in Skopje and have almost no research to show for it. It has been next to impossible to reach the NGOs here. Even if they receive my email they do not respond until I call and ask if they got it. It just took a bit to figure out how to contact people here (if you have an email you should check it or not list it, ditto with the websites)- by calling only. 

I hope to show some insight into my research and NGOs in particular on this blog. I will take any constructive feedback as well as comments or help in research offered.

No comments:

Post a Comment