Friday, November 11, 2011

Meetings, Meetings Galore!

After this meeting, there was a long string of no contact, while I waited and guessed how long is long enough to give people who “don’t check their emails once a day or once a week” time to look at said emails. When I passed the one month mark, I caved. I contacted Gazmend, who is our main contact at the Embassy, and he put me in contact with someone else at the embassy and within 2 hours I had a list of all the NGOs that the Embassy had funded in 2010-2012 through 2 grant cycles. I had been wary about contacting Gazmend because I didn’t want to use my

And guess what? These people have emails, answer them, and even follow up with phone calls! I was pleasantly shocked! Within 24 hours I had four meetings set up, one completed, and tentative plans for a few others!

These organizations range from business incubators, environmental watch dogs, the Red Cross, women’s organizations, Human right institutes, regional centers for NGOs, and a youth group. I will be chronically these meetings over the next few weeks, but since my notes are extensive, each one will more than likely take about 2-3 hours or more to write. Read: I have over 20 double sided 5” x 7” hand written pages about my meetings. I do promise that I will write about all of my meetings. I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment